June 3rd, 2019
Principles of Strategic Data Science
With a unique approach that bridges the gap between mathematics and computer science, this book takes you through the entire data science pipeline. The book begins by explaining what data science is and how organizations can use it to revolutionize the way they use their data. It then discusses the criteria for the soundness of data products and how to best visualize information. As you progress, you'll discover the strategic aspects of data science by learning the five-phase framework that enables you to enhance the value you extract from data. The final chapter of the book discusses the role of a data science manager in helping an organization take the data-driven approach.
What you will learn
- Get familiar with the five most important steps of data science
- Use the Conway diagram to visualize the technical skills of the data science team
- Understand the limitations of data science from a mathematical and ethical perspective
- Get a quick overview of machine learning
- Gain insight into the purpose of using data science in your work
- Understand the role of data science managers and their expectations
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for data scientists and data analysts who are looking for a practical guide to strategically and systematically use data. This book is also useful for those who want to understand in detail what is data science and how can an organization take the data-driven approach. Prior programming knowledge of Python and R is assumed.