Authors: Vijayakumar, Thurupathan
Practical API Architecture and Development with Azure and AWS
Learn the business and technical importance of API design and architecture using the available cloud services from Azure and AWS.
This book starts off with an introduction to APIs and the concept of API Economy from a business and organizational perspective. You'll decide on a sustainable API strategy and API architecture based on different case scenarios.
You'll then look at actual examples on API development guidelines, providing a practical view and approach towards the API development and aligning teams in API development. This book walks you through the API gateway services available in Azure and AWS and reviews different approaches to API Security. This will prepare you for understanding the trade-off between security and the frictionless API experience.
What You'll Learn
- Implement API Gateways to streamline API Development
- Examine Security Mapping with API gateways from Azure and AWS
- Apply API implementation using Serverless architecture
- Review evolving APIs for monitoring and changing business requirements
- Use code samples in API security implementations