April 20th, 2018
Microsoft Operations Management Suite Cookbook
Microsoft Operations Management Suite Cookbook begins with an overview of how to hit the ground running with OMS insights and analytics. Next, you will learn to search and analyze data to retrieve actionable insights, review alert generation from the analyzed data, and use basic and advanced Log search queries in Azure Log Analytics. Following this, you will explore some other management solutions that provide functionality related to workload assessment, application dependency mapping, automation and configuration management, and security and compliance. You will also become well versed with the data protection and recovery functionalities of OMS Protection and Recovery, and learn how to use Azure Automation components and features in OMS.
Finally you will learn how to evaluate key considerations for using the Security and Audit solution, and working with Security and Compliance in OMS.
By the end of the book, you will be able to configure and utilize solution offerings in OMS, understand OMS workflows, how to unlock insights, integrate capabilities into new or existing workflows, manage configurations, and automate tasks and processes.
What you will learn
- Understand the important architectural considerations and strategies for OMS
- Use advanced search query commands and strategies to derive insights from indexed data
- Make use of alerting in OMS such as alert actions, and available options for the entire lifecycle of the alert
- Discover some practical tips for monitoring Azure container service containers and clusters using OMS
- Review and use the backup options available through the Azure backup service, as well as data recovery options available through Azure Site Recovery (ASR)
- Understand how to advance important DevOps concepts within your IT organization
- Learn how to manage configurations and automate process
This book is written for the IT professional and general reader who is interested in technology themes such as DevOps, Big Data Analytics, and digital transformation concepts. Azure and other cloud platform administrators, cloud professionals, and technology analysts who would like to solve everyday problems quickly and efficiently with hybrid management tools available in the Microsoft product ecosystem will derive much value from this book. Prior experience with OMS 2012 would be helpful.