December 27th, 2018
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Quick Start Guide
This book introduces the NAV development environment – C/SIDE. It gives an overview of the internal system language and the most essential development tools. The book will enable the reader to customize and extend NAV functionality with C/AL code, design a user interface through pages, create role centers, and build advanced reports in Microsoft Visual Studio.
What you will learn
- Manage NAV Server configuration with Microsoft Management Console
- Manage NAV installation with the NAV Administration Shell
- Create integration events and extend functionality via the NAV event model
- Run XML Ports from C/AL code
- Design reports and write client code in RDLC expressions
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced NAV users who have an understanding of basic programming concepts. Familiarity with NAV development environment or its internal development language-C/AL is not expected.