June 17th, 2017
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions Cookbook
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a powerful tool. It has many unique features that empower organisations to bridge common business challenges and technology pitfalls that would usually hinder the adoption of a CRM solution. This book sets out to enable you to harness the power of Dynamics 365 and cater to your unique circumstances.
We start this book with a no-code configuration chapter and explain the schema, fields, and forms modeling techniques. We then move on to server-side and client-side custom code extensions. Next, you will see how best to integrate Dynamics 365 in a DevOps pipeline to package and deploy your extensions to the various SDLC environments. This book also covers modern libraries and integration patterns that can be used with Dynamics 365 (Angular, 3 tiers, and many others). Finally, we end by highlighting some of the powerful extensions available.
Throughout we explain a range of design patterns and techniques that can be used to enhance your code quality; the aim is that you will learn to write enterprise-scale quality code.
What you will learn
- Customize, configure, and extend Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Create business process automation
- Develop client-side extensions to add features to the Dynamics 365 user interface
- Set up a security model to securely manage data with Dynamics 365
- Develop and deploy clean code plugins to implement a wide range of custom behaviors
- Use third-party applications, tools, and patterns to integrate Dynamics 365 with other platforms
- Integrate with Azure, Java, SSIS, PowerBI, and Octopus Deploy
- Build an end-to-end DevOps pipeline for Dynamics 365