Mohamed Aamer Ala El Din
March 22nd, 2018
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition – Financial Management
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for finance and operations is a rapidly growing application and is widely used in enterprise organizations.
We will start by looking into ERP concepts, implementation needs, and interface design, giving you basic knowledge of financial management aspects and explaining key concepts along the way. To begin with, you'll be taken through the general ledger and financial dimension functions. You'll later learn about the sales tax mechanism and multi-currency in Microsoft Dynamics 365. We tackle each topic with focused examples and explanations on topics such as payable/receivable accounts, forecasting, cash and bank management, budgeting planning/control, and fixed assets. Finally, we walk you through intercompany, consolidation, costing basics, and financial reporting.
What you will learn
- Examine the business logic behind the financial functionalities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 FFO
- Set up and configure the core modules of financial management
- Grasp the key control points of financial management
- Explore intercompany and consolidation in Microsoft Dynamics 365 FFO
- Understand multi-currency sales, tax mechanisms, and budgeting capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics 365 FFO
- Get to grips with month/year-end period close functionality
- Understand the account payable and receivable module
- Use Microsoft Dynamics 365 to create financial reports
Who this book is for
This book is for application consultants, solution architects, controllers, CFOs, pre-sales and other professionals who are involved in a Microsoft Dynamics 365 for finance and operation implementation. Basic knowledge of financial terms, concepts, and terminologies is required.