Author(s): John Savill
Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services for Architects: Designing Cloud Solution
Create and manage a public cloud and virtual network with Microsoft Azure
Microsoft's virtualization and cloud platform offers both economy and flexibility in implementing the public cloud, cloud identity and the full cloud service your enterprise requires. This highly authoritative guide provides the knowledge necessary to take full advantage of Azure.
This book focuses on the infrastructure-related services of Azure, including VMs, storage, networking, identity and some complementary technologies. Using clear explanations and videos that provide additional learning reinforcement, John Savill helps you learn key best practices and techniques to enable you to create a true, enterprise cloud architecture. You will explore not only how to architect solutions, but also how automate processes using technologies such as templates and PowerShell/CLI, and integrate Azure with your on-premises infrastructure to create a hybrid solution.
- Architecting cloud authentication including SSO
- Integrating corporate and social identities
- Planning and implementing governance in the cloud
- Architecting a hybrid network solution
- Designing highly available and resilient services in Azure
- Understanding storage solutions available in Azure
- Replicating and backing up to Azure
- Using Azure for disaster recovery
- Provisioning resources using ARM templates
- Monitoring Azure and beyond resources using Azure services including Azure Monitor