Author(S): Martin Gavanda, Andrea Mauro, Paolo Valsecchi, Karel Novak
Mastering VMware vSphere 6.7, 2nd. Ed.
vSphere 6.7 is the latest release of VMware’s industry-leading, virtual cloud platform. It allows organisations to move to hybrid cloud computing by enabling them to run, manage, connect, and secure applications in a common operating environment.
Complete with step-by-step explanations of essential concepts, practical examples and self-assessment questions, this updated second edition of Mastering VMware vSphere 6.7 provides complete coverage of vSphere 6.7. The book begins with an overview of the products, solutions, and features in the vSphere 6.7 suite. As you advance, you’ll learn how to design and plan a virtual infrastructure and look at the workflow and installation of vSphere components. You'll also gain insights into best practice configuration, management, and security.
By the end the book, you'll be able to set up your own VMware vSphere lab that can run even the most demanding of workloads.
What you will learn
- Explore the complete functionality of vSphere 6.7
- Design, manage, and administer a virtualization environment
- Discover tips for passing the VCP6-DCV and VCIX6-DCV exams
- Understand how to implement different migration techniques across different environments
- Explore vSphere 6.7’s powerful capabilities for patching, upgrading, and managing the configuration of virtual environments
- Delve into core vSphere components
- Master resource management, disaster recovery, troubleshooting, monitoring, and security