Russ McKendrick (Author), Scott Gallagher (Author)
Docker has been a game-changer when it comes to how modern applications are deployed and created. It has now grown into a key driver of innovation beyond system administration, with an impact on the world of web development. But how can you make sure you're keeping up with the innovations it's driving, or be sure you're using it to its full potential? Mastering Docker shows you how; this book not only demonstrates how to use Docker more effectively, but also helps you rethink and reimagine what's possible with it.
You will cover concepts such as building, managing, and storing images, along with best practices to make you confident, before delving more into Docker security. You'll find everything related to extending and integrating Docker in new and innovative ways. Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, and Kubernetes will help you take control of your containers in an efficient manner.
By the end of the book, you will have a broad, yet detailed, sense of what's possible with Docker, and how seamlessly it fits in with a range of other platforms and tools.
What you will learn
- Become fluent with the basic components and concepts of Docker
- Learn the best ways to build, store, and distribute containers
- Understand how Docker can fit into your development work?ow
- Secure your containers and files with Docker's security features
- Solve architectural problems using the first and third clustering tool
- Leverage Linux containers and create highly scalable applications