Authors: Buchanan, Steve, Rangama, Janaka, Bellavance, Ned
Introducing Azure Kubernetes Service
Go from zero to sixty deploying and running a Kubernetes cluster on Microsoft Azure! This hands-on practical guide to Microsoft’s Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), a managed container orchestration platform, arms you with the tools and knowledge you need to easily deploy and operate on this complex platform.
Take a journey inside Docker containers, container registries, Kubernetes architecture, Kubernetes components, and core Kubectl commands. Drawing on hard-earned experience in the field, the authors provide just enough theory to help you grasp important concepts, teaching the practical straightforward knowledge you need to start running your own AKS cluster. You will dive into topics related to the deployment and operation of AKS, including Rancher for management, security, networking, storage, monitoring, backup, scaling, identity, package management with HELM, and AKS in CI/CD.
What You Will Learn
- Develop core knowledge of Docker containers, registries, and Kubernetes
- Gain AKS skills for Microsoft’s fastest growing services in the cloud
- Understand the pros and cons of deploying and operating AKS
- Deploy and manage applications on the AKS platform
- Use AKS within a DevOps CI/CD process