Author(S): Aaron Woland, Vivek Santuka, Jamie Sanbower, Chad Mitchell
Integrated Security Technologies and Solutions - Volume II
Integrated Security Technologies and Solutions – Volume II brings together more expert-level instruction in security design, deployment, integration, and support. It will help experienced security and network professionals manage complex solutions, succeed in their day-to-day jobs, and prepare for their CCIE Security written and lab exams.
Volume II focuses on the Cisco Identity Services Engine, Context Sharing, TrustSec, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Secure Connectivity with VPNs, and the virtualization and automation sections of the CCIE v5 blueprint. Like Volume I, its strong focus on interproduct integration will help you combine formerly disparate systems into seamless, coherent, next-generation security solutions.
Part of the Cisco CCIE Professional Development Series from Cisco Press, it is authored by a team of CCIEs who are world-class experts in their Cisco security disciplines, including co-creators of the CCIE Security v5 blueprint. Each chapter starts with relevant theory, presents configuration examples and applications, and concludes with practical troubleshooting.
- Review the essentials of Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA)
- Explore the RADIUS and TACACS+ AAA protocols, and administer devices with them
- Enforce basic network access control with the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Implement sophisticated ISE profiling, EzConnect, and Passive Identity features
- Extend network access with BYOD support, MDM integration, Posture Validation, and Guest Services
- Safely share context with ISE, and implement pxGrid and Rapid Threat Containment
- Integrate ISE with Cisco FMC, WSA, and other devices
- Leverage Cisco Security APIs to increase control and flexibility
- Review Virtual Private Network (VPN) concepts and types
- Understand and deploy Infrastructure VPNs and Remote Access VPNs
- Virtualize leading Cisco Security products
- Make the most of Virtual Security Gateway (VSG), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and microsegmentation