Julio Cesar Rodriguez Martino
April 30th, 2019
Hands-On Machine Learning with Microsoft Excel 2019
The book starts by giving a general introduction to machine learning, making every concept clear and understandable. Then, it shows every step of a machine learning project, from data collection, reading from different data sources, developing models, and visualizing the results using Excel features and offerings. In every chapter, there are several examples and hands-on exercises that will show the reader how to combine Excel functions, add-ins, and connections to databases and to cloud services to reach the desired goal: building a full data analysis flow. Different machine learning models are shown, tailored to the type of data to be analyzed.
At the end of the book, the reader is presented with some advanced use cases using Automated Machine Learning, and artificial neural network, which simplifies the analysis task and represents the future of machine learning.
What you will learn
- Use Excel to preview and cleanse datasets
- Understand correlations between variables and optimize the input to machine learning models
- Use and evaluate different machine learning models from Excel
- Understand the use of different visualizations
- Learn the basic concepts and calculations to understand how artificial neural networks work
- Learn how to connect Excel to the Microsoft Azure cloud
- Get beyond proof of concepts and build fully functional data analysis flows
Who this book is for
This book is for data analysis, machine learning enthusiasts, project managers, and someone who doesn't want to code much for performing core tasks of machine learning. Each example will help you perform end-to-end smart analytics. Working knowledge of Excel is required.