Tommy Blanchard, Debasish Behera,Pranshu Bhatnagar
March 30th, 2019
Data Science for Marketing Analytics
Data Science for Marketing Analytics covers every stage of data analytics, right from working with a raw dataset to segmenting a population and modeling different parts of the population based on the segments.
The book will start by teaching you how to use Python libraries, such as pandas and Matplotlib, to read data from Python, manipulate it, and create plots, using both categorical and continuous variables. Then, you'll learn how to segment a population into groups and use different clustering techniques to evaluate customer segmentation. As you advance, you'll explore ways to evaluate and select the best segmentation approach, and go on to create a linear regression model on customer value data to predict lifetime value. In the concluding chapters, you'll gain an understanding of regression techniques and tools for evaluating regression models, and explore ways to predict customer choice using classification algorithms. Finally, you'll apply the techniques you’ve learned to create a churn model for modeling customer product choices.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to build your own marketing reporting and interactive dashboard solutions.
What you will learn
- Analyze and visualize data in Python using pandas and Matplotlib
- Study clustering techniques, such as hierarchical and k-means clustering
- Create customer segments based on manipulated data
- Predict customer lifetime value using linear regression
- Use classification algorithms to understand customer choices
- Optimize classification algorithms to extract maximal information