Jai Singh Arun, Jerry Cuomo, Nitin Gaur
Blockchain for Business
Blockchain enables enterprises to reinvent processes and business models and to pursue radically disruptive applications. Blockchain for Business is a concise, accessible, and pragmatic guide to both the technology and the opportunities it creates.
Authored by three experts from IBM’s Enterprise Blockchain practice, it introduces industry-specific and cross-industry use cases, and reviews best-practice approaches to planning and delivering blockchain projects. With a relentless focus on real-world business outcomes, the authors reveal what blockchain can do, what it can’t do yet, and where it’s headed.
- Understand five elements that make blockchain so disruptive: transparency, immutability, security, consensus, and smart contracts
- Explore key use cases: cross-border payments, food and drug safety, provenance, trade finance, clinical trials, land registries, and more
- See how trusted blockchain networks are facilitating entirely new business models
- Compare blockchain types: permissioned, permissionless, private, public, federated, and hybrid
- Anticipate key technical, business, regulatory, and governance challenges
- Build blockchain financial models, investment rubrics, and risk frameworks
- Organize and manage teams to transform blockchain plans into reality
Whether you’re a senior decision maker, technical professional, customer, or investor, Blockchain for Business will help you cut through the hype and objectively assess blockchain’s potential in your business.