Author(S): William Stallings
Published June 2021
5G Wireless: A Comprehensive Introduction
The 5G ultra-high-speed wireless communication standard is a major technological leap forward. For both technical and management professionals, it requires significant new knowledge and enables important new applications. In 5G Wireless: A Comprehensive Introduction, renowned information technology author William Stallings presents a comprehensive and unified explanation of 5Gs key aspects, applications, and implications. Like Stallings other award-winning texts, this guide is designed to help readers quickly find the information and gain the mastery you need to master this critical new technology. Coverage includes:
- Background and overview: A concise history of the development of cellular networks through 4G, introducing 5Gs motivation, characteristics, and technologies.
- Application and use cases: A broad survey of both general application areas and specific use cases; includes coverage of implications for IoT, cloud, and fog computing.
- Air interface: A detailed survey of all aspects of radio transmission and the wireless interface.
- 5G core: A survey of 5G core architecture and deployment.
- 5G security and privacy: Requirements, threats, vulnerabilities, security controls, security product and service solutions, and privacy.