In DB2 9 Fundamentals Certification Study Guide, Roger E. Sanders—one of the world’s leading DB2 authors and an active participant in the development of IBM’s DB2 certification exams—covers everything a reader needs to know to pass the DB2 9 Fundamentals certification exam (Exam 730). This comprehensive study guide steps you through all of the topics that are covered on the test: planning; database security; database objects; SQL, XQuery, and XML; tables, views, and indexes; database concurrency; and much more. Each chapter contains an extensive set of practice questions along with carefully explained answers.
Technical certification is becoming one of the most important trends in the IT industry today. Taking and passing the DB2 9 Fundamental certification exam (Exam 730) provides validation that you have mastered the basics of DB2 9. Passing this exam also earns you the IBM Certified Database Associate certification and is the prerequisite for all intermediate and follow-on DB2 certifications.
The book includes sample questions in each chapter plus a complete practice test of 150 questions that closely models the actual exam along with an answer key with a full description of why the answer is the correct one. No other source gives you this much help in preparing for the exam.
Whatever DB2 9 certification path you plan on pursuing, the DB2 9 Fundamentals certification exam is the first step, and this book is the best place to start.
DB2 9 Fundamentals Certification Study Guide:
• Is written specifically for the DB2 9 Fundamentals (730) certification exam
• Includes explanations of every topic on the test including all the new material
• included in DB2 9
• Has more questions and provides more comprehensive answers than any
• other source
• Is written by a member of the team that developed the DB2 9 Fundamentals
• certification exam
• Prepares you for taking and passing test 730 to receive an IBM Certified
• Database Associate for DB2 9 certification